SailNet Community - View Single Post - C&C 99 owners opinions - help pls
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
These are nice, performance-oriented racer/cruisers. I've only been aboard them at the shows, but I've read very favorable owner comments in a number of places -- I thought there were some here on Sailnet so it might be worth using the "advanced search" function to see what you can come up with.

I have also read of some "issues", on a limited number of examples of certain newer (epoxy) Tartan/C&C models. You should be able to find more info on that subject if you google "Tartan problems". My understanding is that these problems showed up pretty quickly on the boats that had them, so it is more an issue of warranty remedy than a question of problems that might show up later down the road. Boat/US had a recent article (January 2009?) that would shed some light.

So definitely get a good survey, and have your surveyor review the discussions of "issues" that your research generates, and then check the boat carefully with that info in mind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook