SailNet Community - View Single Post - Labeling Cables/Wires
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Great suggestions! Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesail99 View Post
About two years ago, I purchased a Brother p-touch labeling machine. I also picked up some water proof tape for that machine. I am glad I did it. It is easy to use and easy to see once it is placed on a wire or cable. Worked great on the electric panel also.
On panels and circuit boards when I want to label things with small labels I use pieces of white mailing label - I just write what I want on the label, cut it out, stick it on the surface, and then I cover it in multiple coats of clear finger nail polish which dries clear and hard. The result is really good, cheap too. I don't think this would work for larger labels because the whole reason it works is that the polish dries hard, but if it were drying across a large area I think it would be more like laminating than applying a coat of hard plastic.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook