These are the instructions I give to my guests:
1. Prime the bowl a bit so it is not dry. This will allow it to flush without so much waste sticking to the bowl.
2. Flush as soon as you are finished "dropping anchor". Don't put both waste and paper into the head.
3. Use as little paper as possible and flush it more than once if you need lots of paper.
4. Switch between wet and dry flush to help the paper flush out of the bowl once wetted. This minimizes the amount of water going into the holding tank.
5. If you clog the toilet with too much paper; you get to fix it.
If your toilet gets a clog one of the best/easiest things to do to free the clog is to use a pump-out vacuum on the hose going from the vented loop to the toilet. Disconnect the hose at the loop; bring the pump-out hose in through the window to the head and suck out the offending clog while pumping water into the bowl.