SailNet Community - View Single Post - Small hole completly aft at waterline
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne25 View Post
Yes John, that's what I was thinking. Those old holes may be stripped out or slightly oversized now and would need potting to get a good bite.
Yeah, could be. If so, it would definitely serve to fill with epoxy then re-tap after it has cured. If there's coring, it should be done no matter what. Heck, it wouldn't hurt a thing to fill with epoxy then re-tap these holes regardlesss.

But I didn't get the impression that Bene505 was having any difficulty with the rubrail mount. I.e., the rubrail had not shown signs of being loose or not well set on the hull-to-deck joint. My impression was that it was more a question of the fasteners being a bit too long for the job and not adequately bedded. So I was just focussing on the simplest solution. Also, I usually give a lot of deference to the factory guys.

I guess we'll have to hear from Bene as to whether there are any other issues in play here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook