SailNet Community - View Single Post - Small liveaboard: dreaming of simplicity, probably nuts!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009

southernwind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to southernwind
I could be wrong but in my opinion it might cost more to build, store and drag a worthy vessel behind a truck that you couldn't afford the fuel for to be able to drive it around every day. i would check into a hauling company find out the rates and figure out about how many times you might move the vessel and do the math to see if it is really worth it to buy a boat just for the ability to move it yourself. just my .02 but i would go for a better boat and have it moved that way it will be insured while it is moving and it will have a professional driver that knows each states laws.

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook