SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for a Morgan OI 33 or 36...
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009
Sunset Mariner

hgstrickland is on a distinguished road
Looking for a Morgan OI 33 or 36...

... and would like to find it in or near Georgia, but won't rule out nearby states. The first mate and I have been shown a fairly large number of these boats, and for the kind of cruising we want to do, they appear to be ideal.

We've had some bad luck dealing with brokerages in Florida, though: we've made three bona-fide offers since New Year's Day, but two of the boats were sold out from under us, and another where the seller (or the broker - we can't tell which) refused to negotiate realistically. Of the two that were sold, at least one, and I suspect both, were actually sold for less money than I offered. I should point out that those two boats were in excellent condition, and both went for under $20K! The other boat, belonging to the seller with whom we couldn't negotiate, was in fair condition, but it was also much older, and he wanted nearly $30K.

I'm seeing a lot of these boats listed, but most of the brokers are far away, and frankly, I've already made three 1200-mile round trips to Florida this calendar year, and I'm tired of wasting my time. My intent here is to try to make contact with folks who may have one of these boats for sale, but are not listing it with a broker. If that describes you or someone you know, and the boat is somewhere on the Atlantic coast, between say, St. Augustine and Beaufort, NC, I'd like to hear from you.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook