SailNet Community - View Single Post - bayliner buccaneer sailboats homepage
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009

chinatiger1763 is on a distinguished road
Protest of ignorant replies....

I was looking up Bayliner sailboats to see if I could find the one my family had when I was much younger and came upon this post and the ignorance of the negative posts..

The other person who was writing tried to convince others what a horrible sailboat this was and I really have to disagree, so I registered to do so.

The Buccaneer 240 my family had was very safe, in fact Velger Marine where the sailboat was purchased took one out on Lake St. Clair (MI) during a horrible storm and TRIED to sink it because of it's reputation and for testimonial. They couldn't achieve this endevor and knew going in it wasn't going to happen, but wanted to prove to customers how safe it was.

My family and I were on the way from Sandusky OH back to MI in the middle of Lake Erie and a storm came on very fast! There was only my step-father, my mother and myself (a twelve year old scrawny girl) and although it was quite frightening we made it through unscathed. The only part of the storm that could have been hazardous was when the storm passed we had gotten dangerously close to a little island that we were lucky enough not to run aground, as we could not see anything except the buckets of water coming down.

I would never hesitate to set sail on a Bayliner Buccaneer and hope the people with misinformation don't scare away others from doing so!

Thanks for your time!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook