SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Living aboard - and sex

162K views 412 replies 149 participants last post by  sailcay 
#1 ·
Why doesn't anyone talk about the issues of sex on a boat? Are there any issues? Such as noise, privacy, and all the other stuff?

It's something is going with cruising and nobody talks about it.

#32 ·
Why doesn't anyone talk about the issues of sex on a boat? Are there any issues? Such as noise, privacy, and all the other stuff?

It's something is going with cruising and nobody talks about it.
Of course there are issues.
A friend went sailing with his wife and his girlfriend on the same boat few years ago.
(not good idea in the first place if you ask me).
First there was small issue with privacy and noise, then the hell broke loose and I do not even want to talk about "other stuff".
We returned alive (hardly).
:puke

#145 ·
Im hearing you VA. All these oldies talking about Tayana's with Master suites......You want wild? Try attempting the dirty in the V-Berth of a 27 footer. Luckily for me the first mate was an gymnist at high school :)

Now I have a maintenance question, anyone know the best way to release your spinnaker Pole when it's stuck up??

#47 ·
Keep in mind that facing fore and aft will result in less boat movement, otherwise the mast will be a wigglin', at least for the small boats I can afford. :)

#48 ·
My friend, a fellow liveaboard and an arrogant vocal ass went out to his boat with his female friend who is bi, his girlfriend who was curious, and 2 bottles of wine. Sounds good so far?
The next morning he had no wine, no girlfriend, his bi friend wouldn't talk to him, and he had a black eye.
As loud as he had always been, he wouldn't breath a word, not a single word about it, ever.

#93 ·
This topic must have been discussed before. I can't be the only person who brought it up.
No, you're just the only person who brought the topic up here instead of with his wife. Most couples just proceed on the premise that they'll figure things out as they go.

I'll bet the AAA road service representative is still laughing about your phone call asking about the proper procedure for doing it in the back seat of your Yugo. How'd that one work out for ya?

I'll bet the mattress salesman had to be hospitalized after filling out the directions for you on that Sealy you bought.

You're gonna love the bosun's chair thread. (g)

#60 ·
If your marina is anything like the marinas I've been in "rocking the boat" won't offend your neighbors, but you may be scored for:
- Volume
- Frequency
- Duration
- Creativity

#61 ·
Also, if the boat is heeling and whether any running rigging gets broken.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.