SailNet Community - View Single Post - Who says I don't know JACK?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009

jumaggafanny is on a distinguished road
Getting to know Dittley Squat

I am trying to stay on schedule for April Fools day! I've got a mess of stuff on the 2-DO list. I painted the Pettit ACP-50 1st coat yesterday. It is a smooth co-polymer ablative stuffed with more copper. After rolling & the epoxy this stuff seems like it painted itself. I quart per side per coat with enough left over to do the rudder & wind vane tab. I'm going to 2nd coat it today leaving only cut in where keel was propped on wood cribbage.
I have to prep the trailer while I've got it M-T, I discovered some broken suspension parts to replace and have a new coupler for replacement of the surge brake hitch.
I was really thinking twice as I painted over the epoxy-copper with ACP-50 in Red. I really liked the copper look on the bottom but in light of my mooring in salt water I knew it would be greening up quick.
You can see from some of the pix I moved the waterline up by 1" this isn't going to affect my displacement any of course but I anticipate less scrubbing , I will again use a tape for the boot stripe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3-5-09 ACP50-3.jpg (28.3 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg boat bottom --copper 3-1-09 013.jpg (10.4 KB, 104 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook