SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mystery blower on Beneteau 50
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Mystery blower on Beneteau 50

OK, here's the mystery. We have a blower in our engine compartment. We have no idea how to turn it on. All the switches don't seem to turn it on, whether at the helm or the nav station.

I'm wondering if it is heat activated. Or maybe it only runs when the engine is running, so we don't hear it over the engine. Or maybe there's a switch somewhere we don't know about.

Maybe it's a 1/4 turn of the starboard winch, followed by turning the anchor light on for 5 seconds and then throwing her over to port quickly?

I'd really like to keep it on for awhile after running the engine. The engine-warmed air rises up to the cockpit and makes it smell, well, like an engine. With the blower on, we could keep things smelling nicer until that convection had stopped.

I tried tracing the wires, but they go behind the insulation or through the wall. I'm planning to dig deeper, but someone may know if there's a switch somewhere to turn it on.

Any Beneteau owners know the location of the secret blower switch, if any?

There's a picture here, but the file is 30Meg. Best wait until I edit with a smaller picture tonight.

BIG HONKING PICTURE

Regards
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
The best minds discuss sailing. I don't know why. It's a mystery!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook