SailNet Community - View Single Post - MacGregor ID help needed
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009

Joevacs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatfendershop View Post
Thanks for the tip Joe. I've looked at your posts many times, as I've undertaken a similar effort on my little ship. I won't be separating the deck and hull but I've gutted and rebuilt my entire interior. I did fine one number, but it looked kind of informal and I wasn't sure if it was a factory hull number or if someone was writing down a note while they built the boat.

The number I found is 647 in digits about an inch high and formed with dots (kind of like an old dot matrix printer does)... Is that the hull number? Does it mean anything or help date the vessel? Were they numbered sequentially from the beginning? I think mine is an early '70's vintage, but I may be way off.

Thanks again for the interest. I hope to be sailing before too long. But I still have a lot of work to do.

Flat.
Yes, That's your hull number. It was the 647th hull for a Venture 21. That would probably be within the first few years. I don't know how many of those they made but I remember a website a few years ago that gave the numbers. If I can find it again, I will let you know.
Macgregor, Venture 17 ,#998
Hickory, NC
Proud to be American !
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook