SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pilothouses?
Thread: Pilothouses?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2004
Seńor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
Pilothouses?

Perhaps other, more experienced sailors than I, could add a more definitive response to your question, but to my current knowledge, there is little difference between a description of a motorsailor and a pilothouse sailboat.

A similar analogy may possibly be made with: powerboat vs. motor-cruiser . . . depends upon which side of the pond you reside, I suppose.

Every boater has different criteria in developing a program of requirements; with a positive attitude, no one''s choice is a wrong one . . . simply the fit that works for your enjoyment.

In my world, boats are intended to be recreational, a means of escape from our regular land-based existence. What makes boating stressful (sail or power), is the constant interference of people making (sometimes unexperienced) adverse opinions of what we should be buying, or what we should have done, more often than not, after we have made our very expensive boat purchase.

Best of luck in your search for the ideal vessel. Keep an open mind and a steady course.

Steve
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook