SailNet Community - View Single Post - Gulfstar 50 Ketch
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009

Capnblu is on a distinguished road
If you are handy enough, find a section of I beam, they come in small sizes, maybe like a piece of 2". cut it so that its length runs from one end of your engine room, into the engine room door. Lift your engine as high as necessary with the chain hoist, and then chain it up onto the I beam. Then use a block and tackle to help slide the engine out the door, after you get the chain hoist out of the way. The problem I see with the lifting swinging out method you describe, is that as the forces of the not vertical lifting attempt, may upset the balance of the 800 pound HULL DRILL BIT. You may be surprised at how little space you have once the chain hoist and mounting chains are attached. If this turns out to be the case, a couple sheets of plywood under her and a lot of patience and leverage, and she will come out. When you get a chance to take a picture, or maybe find a similar layout on yachtworld, maybe I can suggest something better. Brian

I Don't Know! I Don't Know!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook