SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1968 Luger Leeward 16?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009

PPPPPP42 is on a distinguished road
Smile 1968 Luger Leeward 16?

Anyone have any experience with this model? I see this is back when they had alot of wood ribs and parts on the inside so ill have to check that out but they seemed to be real nice otherwise and I found one local with an asking price of $999 complete with everything. (trailer, covers, main and working jib, ect) I should mention that this would be my first sailboat but as a marine mechanic for regular boats i'm used to looking at fiberglass with hidden rotten guts so I'm not worried in that respect. I haven't seen it yet but it looks like it was treated ok from the pictures.

I'm looking for something for one person with no real cabin thats small and easily managable in a sloop configuration. Has to be trailerable and I prefer the swing up centerboard to a dagger type keel. Cheap is ideal. They also had an 84 Melges X boat for $1500 but thats totally the opposite of the type of boat I want. Looking to go in the small toy cruiser direction to learn and eventually get into more of a full day cruiser, still trailerable but big enough for overnight.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook