SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1968 Luger Leeward 16?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009

PPPPPP42 is on a distinguished road
Was yours a newer all glass model or this old wood framed one? Apparently these thing are real hit and miss on quality since it is a kit assembled by who knows what skill of 1st owner. Im sure I can get it for less than $1000 if its still available, possibly alot less. The guy there said he thought that one looked well assembled.

It was apparently for sale last summer or fall at the place on consignment but now they seem to have misplaced it so I didn't get to look at it. The guy said he didn't know it wasn't there and was going to call the owner to see when it was picked up. Good sign that the owner cares enough to store it at home for the winter I think since there are $50k yachts there full of ice right now and I do mean full (lots of freeze and rain and thaw lately). Too bad im not a racer, that '84 Melges X Boat had $1500 scribbled out and $950 written on it. Apparently not much is selling at all. If nothing else I spotted a similar type boat repairable mess in the corner that looked like a good hull and ok aluminum mast with no sails or trailer, maybe ill inquire.

Are these difficult to set upright if they flop over? Do they turn turtle or just lay down?

At a guess I would say that mid sized lake is minnetonka unless you way up north.

Last edited by PPPPPP42; 03-11-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook