SailNet Community - View Single Post - Online OUPV classes
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Yamsailor, I agree With you! I can't not imagine doing a course on line. I got my license many, many years ago, before on line courses! My father was a retired Navy Captain and I grew up around boats. I thought I knew Plotting when I started my OUPV Class. I was lucky enough to be seated next to an older man. When we started working with the charts I looked over and I could see the grace in the way this man working with the charts. It was like watching Peggy Fleming on ice skates. I learned some tricks and tips that I use to this day from that man sitting to my right.

The interaction between students and students: and students and Instructors I think is one of the most important things you would be giving up with on line course.

I scored 100% on my charting. Thanks Ralph, (the man sitting to my right)!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never Forgotten

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook