SailNet Community - View Single Post - Big Freakin' Sails
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Jody,

Glad you are ok.

I did not look at the guest dock tonight when I was down there for the EYC commodores ball. Altho from the bldg, I could see a few masts that were not there around 3 pm when I left for home.

Where Jam went ashore, I skimmed the bottom last week some 400-600 yrs off shore too! Some serious movement of the bottom sands south of the Edmond marina to Richmond Beach oil docks.

Anyway, need to get some rest myself, I am doing a ski instructor lev 1 exam tomorrow. David, do what you need as far as weather goes. I did get a call today from one person worried that the winds were forecast for 25-35 knots. Thats above CYCE specs of sustained 22knots to cancel. So see whom is out there. A north course is usually a bit better than a south start course.

Head has hurting, a bit too much wine and champaigne tonight.

As for me, no one was hurt. Item #1. Boom I can fix. I could not replace the head that would HAVE been taken off by the boom going from one side to the other. We were having fun until the "OH ****" manuver break!

Semi true news story.
Coast Guard handles four distress calls at Edmonds regatta

MOB was rescued by a J29, "Here and Now" from what I have read. Got MOB back on to their boat, and went on to win class. WIll check that in a moment or two.

Put some jack lines on last week, and bought a couple of tethers. My sons were glad this week, daughter last week that I had the system setup. Yeah soe carnige, but lessons learned, no one hurt. Life goes on!

Hopefully I can secure a boom for the 3rd CSS race in two weeks.

marty

Last edited by blt2ski; 03-15-2009 at 02:53 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook