SailNet Community - View Single Post - If you sail Lake Huron, say Hi!
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009

Gary M is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by modul8 View Post
I'm looking at Lake Huron Yachts for a summer slip. It shares the same access to the Lake as the Sarnia Yacht Club, and is better fo sailboats fo rhtis reason. Saves about 45 minutes fighting the current under the Bluewater Bridges. It'll be 5 or so yrs before I can get into the Yacht Club.
Hi Modul8, I am in the Sarnia Yacht club. If you are new to sailing and want to learn the club has a good adult sailing program that runs I think Tuesday and Thursday nights. They have the usual dinghies to learn on a two keel boats for adults. Also the local racers are always looking for new motivated crew. Just contact the club office about the lessons.

The answer to what happens when the north wind comes up is that if you are not in a berth behind the pier your boat will bounce around a bit. Not a real problem assuming you secure her properly. The entrance is dredged every spring and we try to maintain at least 7 feet on the range but you do need to be right on the range and go slow if you draw more than 6 feet or so.

Gary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook