SailNet Community - View Single Post - Big Freakin' Sails
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Jody,

What is the word on HG? I saw here at Edmonds about 5 pm while having dinner with Sheryl. Winds were wicked about that time, HG was broadside at the dock to the wind, leaning at least 10 if not 15 degree with bare poles. Looked like a J-boat was ducked in too. Could not quite catch the name, as the transom was beyond finger pier a foot.

She will be there until tomorrow afternoon as I didn't venture up there today. Snow in the morning here. The afternoon storm conditions wouldn't of been conducive to working on the boat much less getting her back to Seattle. Lastly, I am recovering today as I am pretty stiff - kinda feel like my body was tossed around by a pro-wrestler.

David was kind enough to go down and check up on the boat for me this afternoon, tidy a few things up for prep of the storm, and hooked up his shore power cord to charge up the batteries. (Thanks again)

Unfortunately, she will heel in the high winds - bare poled, due to the high free board. Which ironically was probably another facet of why we didn't have more issues Sat...I just hope the fenders held out...

Tomorrow, I hope that I can get the engine turned over and verify that the prop wasn't damaged and see about getting her lifted to inspect the damage. I have a feeling it will be a long week.

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook