SailNet Community - View Single Post - Product Reviews
Thread: Product Reviews
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009
Cruiser/Lats and Atts TV

Moonfish is on a distinguished road
FROLI Sleep System

Nice! I just discovered this thread. Good one. So the Froli Sleep System is awesome. We have a vee-berth with original vinyl cushions and fiddle edges that protrud up maybe an inch and a half. When the filler is in, we would end up feeling the wood fiddles in our back. Not very comfortable for sleeping, let alone any amorous activities... I had already done an "I Found it at the Boat Show" video segment with them for our TV show, and they said the video worked wonders. But they were getting a lot of requests for an installation video. So we traded - full disclosure here - an installation video for the Froli system (they got the better end of the deal as far as monetary value, but then we get to sleep without wood in our backs now, so we are very satisfied and happy!). Our friends who liveaboard their Grand Banks are also extremely satisfied. In fact, the few people I've run into that actually have the Froli on their boat are all 100% satisfied.

It was very easy to install, and it made a huge improvement! And it's not very expensive, either. I believe the system we got was worth about $250. Which isn't much considering the benefits (which include air circulation under the mattresses for liveaboards and those in more humid environments). Still, I run into people all the time that ask if the system really works. Now, I don't make any money from it, so I figured it would be OK to post the installation video here. If nothing else, it demonstrates very clearly everything I am talking about...

PS - That's my wife and our boat!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Always approach the dock at the speed you wish to hit it."
s/v VENUS
1978 North Sea 33 Pilothouse Cutter (Ta Chiao)

Last edited by Moonfish; 03-19-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook