SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sea Trial
Thread: Sea Trial
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 03-19-2009
JohnRPollard's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chesapeake
Posts: 5,680
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Originally Posted by Finny View Post
What do you think a fair amount to go in escrow would be? Obviously it depends on the boat and engine, but I've had a broker say ~$2000, but should it be more? Will $2000 cover any potential problems? It was the seller's broker after all...
$2k may be to much or too little. It completely depends on the cost of the boat.

Many brokers ask for an escrowed 10% deposit when making an offer on a boat (which is negotiable of course). I would think a similar 10% escrow pending completion of sea-trial would be reasonable, assuming the boat has otherwise surveyed well. Fair's fair.

If they balked, I would counter that the alternative is to postpone the settlement date until the sea-trail can be completed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

JohnRPollard is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome