SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Samurai Files
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009

serah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to serah
Unless the current head actually bites the dust, I think we'll just keep it as is. For being 35 years old, it seem to be quite good She is only a $2000 boat, and we only intend on keeping her until we move up to a 30' (potential liveaboard) in a couple of years. Because we bought her at such a firesale price, we hope to be able to sell her for a bit more (but I realize we're likely dreaming on this point.) Either way though, $100 or $200 projects will quickly add up to the point of having put far more into her than we orginally paid. Even still, with the massive list of projects (from large to tiny there are currently 95 in total) without substantial upgrades, we'll probably be close to $3000 above her original cost. Which isn't terrible, as we suspect she should be able to go for $3500 or so.

Plus, a fancy new head just wouldn't fit with the rest of her "vintage" 1970s look We don't want to make her start feeling bad about herself, now do we?