SailNet Community - View Single Post - Who''s living on what??
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004

sailnaway is on a distinguished road
Who''''s living on what??

This is an update to my first post and my last post. We have been aboard Krugerrand now for nine months. The first thing we did was go cruising for the summer we left in June s soon as my wife had summer off from her teaching position.My wife grew up in Colorado and New Mexico and had never seen the ocean or any of the things we sailors have experienced. She is teaching me to spell and I am teaching her to sail good trade but I am the slow study.She is crazy about this in her own way sometimes she looks lost and others so full of life she could burst. I offer to give it up if she wants the land back under her feet but she says no this is where she wants to be.So 38 feet of boat seems to be fair I am doing some interior work the gally is three feet longer with a dog leg off the end of counter and the sink moved out to that spot. The hanging locker is being renovated also for her clothes. The older Catalina 38s are not that much bigger than the 30'' Catalinas so we are packed in tight and do have to make it to the storage for a few things but it is still cheeper and more interesting for both of us. I have all the comforts of home while on the dock,Satalite TV DVD stereo this computer extra refrigeration with the addition of a new whirlpool 110V unit that makes it easy to keep more food for fat (American)pepole I was down by thirty now only twenty.I need to cruise it is healyhier because I cant get to the store for ribs and beef every other day. So a little off track but we are definatly living and well on this Catalina 38 S\V KRUGERRAND loving it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook