I finally got started on this project and so far going well. I ripped out the port forward bulkhead and the cabinets. The bulkhead was really rotten along the hull. If this is meant to provide any structural support it was not. Very happy to be replacing that. I resealed the windows which I think was the source of the leak so that problem should not come back.
We also got the 2 new bulkheads templated and cut out and wonder of wonders they fit! The forward bulkhead was pretty easy as the old one, even as rotten as it was, served as the template. For the new aft bulkhead we used the "tick stick" method described by Don Casey in This Old Boat. It worked very well allowing us to get a carboard template cut that was close enough we could trim it to fit in the boat. Then just transfer to plywood and cut.
Next I will seal the edges of the bulkheads with epoxy and then install those. After that build a shelf for the porta potty and finish things up nice.
I did not think to get any before pictures. I will see about getting during pictures and will definitely post an after picture.
You will regret the things you did not do, more than the things you did.
Get out there!
Saco Bay, Maine
2001 Beneteau Oceanis 361