SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interlux versus West Marine bottom paint
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bene505 View Post
I have a serious question about paint. Since we can't say negative things about vendors here on sailnet....
Regards
Bene,

Sailnet does have a policy against using the forum for "bashing" or settling disputes.

However, negative comments about vendor products are permitted here on SailNet. They are all over the place. I have posted plenty of them myself. It is fine to share our personal experiences as part of the larger objective of helping out our fellow sailors. You and anyone else should feel free to express their opinion about the efficacy of bottom paint.

We have been using Pettit Trinidad SR here on the Chesapeake and I can't say that I'm particularly pleased with it. It seems to build-up a layer of scum pretty quickly, almost any time of year (worse in the summer). About the only good thing about it is that it's easy to clean the scum off with a brush or scraper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook