SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opportunity: 2008 Beneteau 49 fixer-upper
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009

danielgoldberg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRPollard View Post
Hey Tim,

That's pretty cool. Nothing like some good carnage (as long as everyone is safe).

We have a member, Daniel Goldberg, with that exact same model. Hey, Daniel, need a parts boat?

P.S. Actually Daniel, if you got to Tim's link, there looks to be a pretty nice radar/bimini/davit arch still in good shape.
Yeah, that's actually our boat. Had a tough weekend. Just kidding of course. Actually, it's an awfully sad looking story, and I shouldn't joke. There but for the grace of Neptune go I!

On the radar arch, I have to say, it's slightly tempting. Not sure if I mentioned this, but our davits are in the midst of the install, and it's proving to be a bit of a PITA. Not the install per se, but the davits are very far apart due to the transom confirguration, so hoisting the dink in a way that's reasonable and stable is going to be a little challenging. I'll know much more in about a month or so after the install is complete, the boat is splashed, and we tinker with the setup. But if it doesn't work well, I'm going to start to wonder if we should have gone with the arch option, notwithstanding the aesthetics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook