SailNet Community - View Single Post - Oceanis 351 Manuals.
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009

bobgetty is on a distinguished road
Fred, I hope this message get to you. Yes we have owned "Our Dream" a 1997 OC 351 since 1999. Basically we love it. She is ideal for a couple to sail. With 5' 2" draft she is ideal for gunkholing here in the Chesapeake Bay. We love the Roller Furling and easy of sail handling. The 2 winch setup took a bit of learning but with the double ended main sheet and a little planning ahead it works fine. The only major casualty has been loosing the prop about 2 years ago. Motored out sailed about 2 hours went to roll in the main started engine and no joy. Checked shaft etc. called Boat US got towed in and diver checked not prop nut, no key, no prop? As well that ends well gave me excuse to get an Autoprop I was lusting for. Autoprop is great +1 Knt sailing and great maneuvering in reverse. Otherwise routine annual maintenance. If you have any other specific questions contact me at rgetty at hotmail dot com. Bob PS The reason I don't post on Sailnet is it's clunky interface and stupid rules. A few years ago when the list went belly up along with sailnet most Beneteau sailors moved to Beneteau-Owners Group at Google Groups dot com
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook