SailNet Community - View Single Post - Joined sailnet this morning
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009

scottfree is on a distinguished road
Joined sailnet this morning

Good day. I have been visiting the site for some time to find answers to questions as I work on my New -Old Tartan 30C. I found her in 2007 in Panama City Fl, got a bad case of BOAT and bought her. The boat is very sound but needing tlc so I went into this knowing I would accomplish one thing and then the next between sailing and work. I sailed her until Jan 2008 and she went to the yard where the whole topsides got sanded and primed and awlgrip. I rebedded the port lites to stop leaking and awlgripped the frames. New wood in the cabin under the port lites. Alot more to do but one thing at a time. I sailed one degn, Thistles (owned two) and Flying Scots, got away from boats for a long time with family but now empty nesting we are going back to spend quality time on the boat.
I so far have learned how to loosen and rebed the keel, spray awlgrip,learn how to make the atomic 4 run and so much more. The work on the boat is not work for me as I suspect for so many of you out there too.

The boat sails like a dream. If I ever sell the boat I will want something like her maybe only a little larger.

I enjoy the various articles and finding out ways to do more things with the boat. as I learn too I would not mind sharing what I learn.
I sail around the Pensacola Florida area.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook