SailNet Community - View Single Post - 30 footer too small?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009

WesterlyPageant is on a distinguished road
I don't think anyone ever has all the storage space they want, and whatever you do have, you'll fill with stuff at some point.

I've seen some good stroage ideas. Getting a fabric shoe rack to hang in the head seems like a good one. You can fit shirts and stuff in each of the "boxes". they are long bu narrow and easy to fit somewhere.

I saw one boat that had mesh storage areas everywhere. The most noticable was against the forward main-cabin bulkhead. There was a small metal frame that went from the cabin side, near the port lights inboard about 18" then curved up and attached to the cabin ceiling. There was mesh strung between the two metal rails one fore one aft. I'll see if I can find a picture of that.

They also had made some hanging pockets to go on the tables, both in the main cabin and in the cockpit. The cockpit had two drop leafs and the kept one up nad the other down. The one down had the pockets. Inside they did the same.

I found a few pictures:

More Ideas here:
Flickr: endeavor_64's Photostream

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by WesterlyPageant; 03-25-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook