SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat, Semi, Crane, #%$^@
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRPollard View Post
Windy,

Let me add to Jeff's note above that the hydraulic trailer of which he speaks is capable of picking up the boat and setting it down without any need for a crane or a travellift. A hydraulic trailer is what you want, assuming you have a paved or hardpack surface that the trailer can back into and set the boat down on.

If you have to get the vessel into a back yard with no access for the trailer, then it's a crane you'll be wanting.
Thank you Jeff and John, I'm so happy you guys are responding to my request for information, I know you both have a lot of experience in boating and I appreciate your input.

The site is basically just a field. Without modification there isn't a way to back a tractor trailer down into the spot, it'll have to sit on the road, so I think a crane is about my only option. Another option I suppose would be to modify the site so that a tractor trailer could back down into it but I'd really rather not do that if it can be avoided, it would be an unsightly mess with gravel all over the place.

Edit - wow, lots of responses, thank you all!

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wind_magic; 03-25-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook