SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anchoring Rights
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004

starcresttoo is on a distinguished road
Anchoring Rights

I say -uck them all.who the -uck cares and what the -uck buisness is it of theirs where I -uckin sleep.I get a way with it because I work midnites,and if I go to my boat in the day time wow man big -uckin deal.Im gone most of the time anyway.This is a free country.If I have to I will buy a small camper type vehical and sleep in a wall mart parking lot.Its like I said...they want to see your boat they want to see your money but they dont want to see you.I have found here in southflorida that there are places available to keep a boat wether you live aboard or not.now this place Iam leaving today is hesitant about giving my deposit back.they want me to return after my haulout because they knowits hard to rent slips at that expensive rate.they know I stay on my boat and they dont care.I found a place for less than half of what I am paying now but they are adamant ..no liveaboards.so here comes working midnites,and lets see what happens.I will keep you all posted.the fact is anywhere you go there will be people living onboats wether they are allowed to or not.I was harrassed to no end when I lived in califungus.they
have a file cabinet with my name on it even though the statuate of limitation is twice over.I mean I am a study of case history back there.I was living 5 years completely hassle free in a marina that was destroyed by this years storms.my boat remained afloat...but where am I supposed to go?....back to the woumb????as soon as it is rebuilt I am
going back there to live with hassle free
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook