SailNet Community - View Single Post - A Discussion of the Philosophies of Cruising and Circumnavigating
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
With 3 summers of lake sailing under my belt, I bought Aria. Since that time, I have gone (with crew) from Texas to Tampa, and since then, I have been singlehanding (from Tampa as far north as Annapolis, back to the Keys and then back to North Carolina). No offshore, or even coastal experience (tides, currents), nor any training. What I had, was a desire to do what I wanted, as much in the manner I wanted to, as possible.

I could have waited a few more years, had more money (and wouldn't have to be working right now), but I would have lost those 3 years, as well as not met all the folks that I have as I've traveled. For myself, this is what I want to do, until I'm unable to do it any longer. As my first signature line said:

Within a dream, we may live a fantasy,
But never within a fantasy, will we live a dream.

That pretty well sums up my philosophy.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook