SailNet Community - View Single Post - New C&C 24 Project Boat
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009

captainmurph is on a distinguished road
More on the 24 (#2)

I decided that an investment in a survey would be wise and have one scheduled for next Monday.

While I continue to clean and inspect, I find that it looks very promising with some very iffy areas. I jacked it up enough to take the rear pads off to inspect the dents.

While the starboard side is dented with only an apparent first layer crack, the port side has a substantial delamination that runs along the interior bulkhead. While this would be easily repairable in another location, I have my doubts on whether it can be done without removing the bulkhead. I hoping the surveyor can confirm that a repair from the oustide can be done without the need to cut out a whole section.

My main concern, and motivation for having an expert take a look, is whether a history of water sitting in the boat has weakened any structure which might jeopardize hull integrity - particularly in the keel attachment structure.

Thanks for the tips on rebedding the windows; I'd bet that (over time) quite a bit of the water damage I see was due to either window or chain plate water instrusion.

Once I get the go ahead on the inspection, I'll try to post pictures as I proceed.

It sure is a shame that a fine boat like this got damaged through neglect.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook