SailNet Community - View Single Post - And Freedom For All
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004

DelmarRey is on a distinguished road
And Freedom For All

What''s with the fish and game?

I had a similar experience over here in Puget Sound. These guys are stepping over the line as far as jurisdiction.
I motored my dinghy over to a fuel dock in a marina where I was a guest for a night. As I approached, a F & G official wanted to know where my registration numbers and sticker were. I told the guy he better go back and read the rules. Here in Wa. anything under 10'' and 10HP does not require registration. Never the less, I didn''t even finish docking because I had forgotten to bring a life jacket and I didn''t want him getting into that. So I just motored back to my vessel pissed as hell.

You give a guy a badge and a gun and they think they know everything. They need to stick to their own agenda and if they see a problem they should call in the PROPER authorities.

A few years ago there was a big stink here about a parks ranger giving a citation to a guy cutting firewood on his own property. When he tried to take it to court the official couldn’t be found. He didn''t exist. Something fishy there!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook