SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Interlux Perfection Recall FUBAR
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009

tommays will become famous soon enough
My Interlux Perfection Recall FUBAR

I am sure you have read my various posts about my mast painting project gone badly because of a bad second can of snow white perfection.

I have to say first the Long Island area rep has been a godsend because the NJ HQ is being as evasive as possible about how much paint is bad

I can tell you that you canít even buy Matterhorn White at West Marine as it has been pulled and there are more bad cans of Snow White than you can believe

So here it is Friday and I am trying out the 5th dam can of paint to see if it will work, they finally found a supply of paint from April 08 that has the same lot # as my first can that seemed to work and I sprayed the spreaders to do yet another test and they came out good BUT

And there always seems to be a BUT because of the damage the bad can did all the primers and paint stripper were replaced and I had to go to bare metal re-sand the mast and apply the Prime Wash and epoxy primer which has killed about a week.

The big BUT is the new primer dried with a gloss and when the rep dropped off the good perfection today he felt there was and issue with the primer that would have to be resolved on Monday

So I had to test spray anyway and the Perfection went down fine on the spreaders which were prepped differently BUT does NOT work correctly on the new primer

So I have to wet sand 35í of mast again on Monday while they try and figure why the second can of primer dried with a gloss when it should be FLAT

I have painted a LOT of stuff with two part poly over epoxy primer and i am so freaking confuse right now it is like a never painted a thing in my life

The only thing keeping me going is from all the hardships i had when i use to build and paint my brand of bicycle

Painting this mast has been more of a PITA then spending 3 years learning how to build and paint a bicycle that people would pay me money for

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1981 J24 Tangent 2930
Tommays
Northport NY

If a dirty bottom slows you down what do you think it does to your boat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook