SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tips For Compound, Polish & Wax
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
Maine Sail,

Whats your take on wax sealer such as this:

yachtpaint.com - the website of International and Interlux paints
While I have not specifically tried Interlux's product I have tried a number of the "miracle" products that contain teflon. I my experience they have never been able to hold a candle to a real paste carnuba like Collinite.

I rememebr very well when Starbrite launched their new "teflon" wax in the late 80's. The owner of the sport fishing yacht I worked on came prancing down the dock with a case of it ready for us to apply it to all surfaces..

One month later we were re-waxing the entire vessel with Collinite. My shoulder still hurts just thinking about that expereice. For a couple of weeks I remember thinking this was going to be my new favorite product, as it went on easily, but it also wore off just as easily..

It sure sounds interesting but so have many... Give it a try and let us know what you think!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook