SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew chef/asst. Chef caribbean/Med available.
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009

Zuler01 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for your comments. My sailing experiences are limited to a few regattas here in Antigua and a 6 crew Heineken regatta in St. Martin on a small boat and I have no STCW95 for the moment. I am definitely looking for a paid job but I am flexible as far as money is concerned depending on working ( I said working ) conditions because I do expect to spend quite some time in the galley and not getting a nice suntan which I have already living here for 14 years. Sail or Power maked no difference to me. Somebody might not need a bocuse chef and I don't need an AIG CEO paycheck. Maybe we can find some common ground. ;.)
Bottom line: I want to cook and if I can learn some sailing too, fine but if I could find a good chef to learn some more on a big megayacht even better.
Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
It would help if you said what other sailing-related skills and experience you haveódo you know how to stand watch, hold a course, navigate, plot a course, use a VHF radio, fix a diesel engine, are you CPR or first aid certified? These are all things that make you more desirable as a crew member. Also, are you looking for a paid position or just to crew? Paid positions are much harder to find.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook