SailNet Community - View Single Post - report + decision: beneteau 32s5
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009
Alan

portfolio is on a distinguished road
Beneteau 32s5 owners or knowledgeable sailors

I've been trying to find a report on the Beneteau 32s5 series sailboat to no avail. I don't know why there's not much information on the internet. I've found a couple of references here on this forum and will pose the question ...hopefully some owner or knowledgeable sailor can help me out.

I'm very interested in buying this sailboat. I am not a terribly experienced sailor but I got my first two levels of sailing courses under my belt along with a navigation certificate. I've sailed for a total of about 10 times and one three week off shore course on a HR46

My intention is to coastal cruise and not cross any oceans. Do you think this boat can be handled easily short-handed or single handed? I understand most if not all of the lines are lead aft with the traveller set across the companionway. It looks like it may not be as forgiving when it comes to stronger winds but not sure. I have also taken note that the boat seems to be tender according to a previous poster on this thread. So what are your thoughts?

Thanks
Alan
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook