SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew for Summer 05 from New Orleans to Yucatan ?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004

sailnaway is on a distinguished road
Crew for Summer 05 from New Orleans to Yucatan ?

Well as you can see this cruise is not schedualed until spring or summer of 05 and nothing set in stone. I still have a list as long as my leg the bottom the backstay knee the the the the. Ya it is going to be in steps but quick ones when it happens. My son in law may take one leg I am not sure which. But my wife is a teacher and when the summer check hits we sail. I have been on the injured list for eight years including s ruptured aorta in 02 that left me in a coma for three months. I decided to go sailing and make the best out of any time I have left on the big blue ball. We bought this old Catalina 38 last year and four months later went cruising without any repairs being done just maintance. We did well until we were struck by lightning in St Pete ouch after the bottoms of my feet stopped burning I replaced most of the gear that was fried and I had allot of stuff to fix it is done all but the wind and bottom insturments which I had the old backup SR Mariner stuff in a box and we finished the cruise with them duck taped to the bulkhead they still are. We have a small budget and can not spend time in marinas or replacing gear with new stuff. So keep in touch if you want and I will let you know what is going on.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook