SailNet Community - View Single Post - Seafarer 29
Thread: Seafarer 29
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 12-12-2004 Thread Starter
matoqui

Seafarer 29

Thanks for the great advice! I am sorry that perhaps I didnīt made myself clear. I fully agree that to take the family for any trip out of the bay by myself is at least a couple of years away. My friend and teacher, however, has over 20 years of sailing experience, and I am counting on his good advice before taking any risks.

What makes me inclined to look at the seafarer is that it is a better buy than anything else I have seen so far. Here in Puerto Rico I can get an old 23 feet boat in needs a lot of repairs for about 3k, but then instead of sailing I will be reparing the boat plus it will probably cost me about an additional $3k -$4k. At the end I will finish spending at least $6k. The Seafarer is being offered for about $10k and to my eyes is in very good condition. Anyway, I know that perhaps my eyes are not well trained - but my friend have a friend that is a professional surveyor and he will inspect the seafarer.

I guess that my question was more in the long term. Is the Seafarer a good boat for what we think we will like to do?

Thanks,

Manuel
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome