SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tips For Compound, Polish & Wax
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009

glnosail is on a distinguished road
Lake Country pad matching

I have the exact same question as above. I bought the 3m Superduty rubbing coumpound, Finesse it II, Maguires Swirl REmover, Maguires Show Car glaze, Lake Country CSS pads, and 3M wool pad. In practice, I realized I didn't know exactly WHICH lake country pad to use with Finesse it II, Swirl remover and Show Car Glaze. I can see the order of courseness in Lake Country's brochure, but they use terms like 'finessing' and 'swirl remover' that don't seem to follow the order of products with the same words in the labeling. At one point, I seemed to end up with less shine after applying swirl remover with a finer pad than what I had with Finesse it II and a more coarse pad. Also, can you provide the best machine speeds to use at each step? I also am a recipe kind of guy, so exact instructions are helpful. I suppose over time a person gets a feel for it, but to start I'd like to follow an exact guide. MaineSail, your help is invaluable! Thanks in advance for all your advice and any follow up you can give.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook