New Bulkheads In
OK, finished the next phase of this project today. I installed the new forward and aft bulkheads. This was after I had epoxied the edges of the panels to keep water out. I also decided to paint the forward bulkhead while it was out and I realized too late this was a small error .
This bulkhead is bolted in and I used the existing bolt positions in the track. At the bottom I thought it would be a good idea to glass it in but realized I now can't since it is painted. I used exterior latex paint and really doubt this is a good surface to epoxy to. I will now just have to bolt it in like the rest.
Forward panel is pretty much just set in place but snug enough with the foam strips around its edges so it does not move. This pleased me that it fit so nicely. I think it looks better than I thought it would too. I thought maybe it would be a really big flat space but it is not bad. Once I get it varnished and I have a picture I plan to hang there I think it will look good.
Tomorrow I think glass in the forward panel and start building the bench the potti will sit on and try to get some more of the electrical done. Oh yeah, also finishing up the project of completely rewiring the boat.
You will regret the things you did not do, more than the things you did.
Get out there!
Saco Bay, Maine
2001 Beneteau Oceanis 361