SailNet Community - View Single Post - Venture 17 restoration
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009

ajsemtb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joevacs View Post
Here are a couple of new pictures. One of where the forestay attaches to the deck, and one of the mast, where the forestay, jib halyard, and shrouds attach. ( My forestay is not attached to the mast in this picture, as I have just shortened it, and haven't been sailing since )
Flickr Photo Download: IMGP1924
Flickr Photo Download: IMGP1928

Venture 17 restoration - a set on Flickr

Okay, after looking at this rigging pic I have a couple more questions. What is the diameter and length of the turnbuckle? And it just attaches to the forestay with a pin? I was at home depot and they have stainless turnbuckles there for only a few dollars, but I want make sure I get the right size (1/4, 5/16, 3/8...) Looking at your forestay, I just want to confirm its 1/8" steel cable? It looked a little thicker, but pics add a few pounds... Also, what is the length of the main sheet? And what is the flat hardware piece that has all the holes in it for? Where does it attach? I'm assuming its an adjuster for the jib? Once I have this info, I should be able to rig it up. (I still need to fix the sail though...) Thanks again, Andrew

Last edited by ajsemtb; 04-07-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook