SailNet Community - View Single Post - Questions about a possible first-time charter
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009

sailingSammy is on a distinguished road
Hello nightOwl
I just joined this forum and don't have enough posts to pm you. The boat is Skyelark, a Skye 51. It is an older boat,1986 I think, but in very good condition. I booked late and got a real good deal. They just completed another shared expense type charter and I think they were getting $100 US per day. They won't be donig anymore this season as they have the boat chartered for Antigua Sailing Week and are heading back to the UK afterwards. The charter I did was the shared expense/paying crew type. This deosn't mean that you have to varnish the woodwork or fix the head when it breaks. You just help with the daily running and up keep of the boat, cleaning up after yourself, cooking, dishes, standing watch, washing down the deck after passage etc. They covered all expenses including checking in fees to the islands we visited, 7 total. The only additional cost was for the evening meal on the boat, the cost of the food was split among everyone, my share was $25 US for 2 weeks. This is not just some couple trying to finance their lifestyle, they are a UK registered charter company and very professional. I found a similar deeal online, google S/V Illusion, I have never sailed with them but it looks like the same type of deal. I am definatly planning to sail again next year with Dan and Em on the Skyelark.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook