SailNet Community - View Single Post - Venture 17 restoration
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009

ajsemtb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by quidam1947 View Post
Ajsemtb, you might try calling Bacon & Associates in Annapolos. They may have something in their used sails inventory that'd work or perhaps be cut-down. Always most helpful staff. And, they'll ship.

My dad was a traveling salesman in Florida and would trail her to various parts of the state and use it as his floating motel and occassionally would invite his customers for a sail (sure fire way to close the deal!).

Thanks for the smile today! Great pictures of your work(s)-in-progress and I'll be checking back for updates on your Ventures!

Michele
thanks for the site, I checked on a main and a jib, and they have a couple that might work for my boat/budget. My question to everyone is what difference does the fabric weight make? There were 4 oz 5 oz and 6 oz dacron fabrics. I'm not going to be racing, I just want to take the family out and enjoy some wind. Also, the dimensions weren't exact, how much difference does an inch or so make on the measurements? Will I get chastised for putting sails on my boat that aren't Venture?
'72 Venture 17 #1340
'84 Hobie 16
Aquaterra Kayak
A canoe
1 rubber ducky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook