SailNet Community - View Single Post - Things your marina neighbours do...
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009

flyingwelshman will become famous soon enough
Things your marina neighbours do...

There are a couple of threads on the go about neighbours at the marina.

One sprays ducky-do onto their neighbour's boat; one ties off on the neighbour's cleat; not to mention Alex's whacked out neighbour...

Anyhow I'm sure that there are a million stories out there in the naked ocean.

What does (or has) a neighbour at your marina do (done) that leaves you a) scratching your head in bewilderment; b) laughing your ass off; c) reaching for the phone; d) reaching for your camera; e) reaching for a weapon; f) reaching for a bottle?

I'll start.

I've only been sailing a couple of years so I don't have a lot of stories. My neighbours have been great so far. That said, the guy I share my finger dock with always leaves 2 or 3 buckets of water on the dock. I've asked him why - I'm sure he has told me but I can't remember his response. The finger is quite narrow and the buckets take up most of the width of it. They are only a concern when landing, as they are close to where my crew step onto the dock. It's really not a big deal, and I would feel very comfortable asking my neighbour to move them - & I'm sure he would. I just can't figure out what they are for. They are never used (as far as I can tell) for cleaning, cooking etc. We have faucets accessible on the main dock and my neighbour has a hose attached to his. I guess I'll wait until the season starts to ask him again what the water is for.

I'm sure many of you can do much better than that. So let's hear it...

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Yves Cousteau
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook