SailNet Community - View Single Post - Things your marina neighbours do...
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009

MIKEMCKEE will become famous soon enough
I've been sailing for awhile, I've even got to sail for three years done in Gitmo, Cuba and I've had a (gas head boater) for a neighbor once that I think he thought he was Mr. Dock Party. His motor boat was all decked out in strings of christmas lights and he had 4 large sterio speakers on his deck that I don't think played anything at anything less than an 8 on the rickter scale. To make matters worse, when ever my wife and I would go down to our sailboat for a quite weekend be either to sail or to just get away, this A$$hole would try his level best to not only bother us with his tunes but every time we would be out on dect he would bust his A$$ to come out and become part of our doings. I love to read and enjoy a good cigar and a drink in the evening and this butt head would be there and want to talk talk and then talk some more. It got so bad I would call the marina before hand to see if this A$$hole was there that weekend or not. This is why we moved out boat to a sailboat only marina on the Rappahannock river off the Chesapeake. Now I am not saying that sailboat owners don't party a bit, but they, at least at this marina now that when it get's to be around 10PM they know it's time to close things down. Anyway that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Mike
s/v Blue Bayou
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook