SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Cruiser's Handbook of Fishing (Opinions)
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
I love this book.

I don't know much about fishing and wanted to learn the basics, and this book really lets you have it. I don't normally give glowing reviews of books, but I really like this one. It talks a lot about equipment and goes into way more detail than I needed, a lot of material about where to get certain kinds of fish, health problems associated with fish, etc, even about building storage areas into your boat for storing live fish. My favorite parts of the book were the basic fishing material, descriptions of common fish that you will be after, and especially the parts of the book that talk about catching fish and other animals in the shallows, at night, etc. It even talks about catching lobster, crabs, and weird stuff like sea cucumbers and things, using cast nets, lots of stuff. Great book.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook