SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dock & Dine, Western L.I.Sound
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009

danielgoldberg is on a distinguished road
I'll break your rule just a touch, and make a plug for my town, Mamaroneck. You can tie up to the town float and dink right to Brewers, and right next to the parking lot is Barnacle's, a new restaurant that has been Charlie Browns, the Jolly Trolly, and I'm sure a few others over the years.

Other than the Barnacle, there are about 20 restaurants and bars within spitting distance of the harbor.

The negative on Mamaroneck as a transient destinatinon is that there is no good all-weather anchorage very close to town. There are marinas (Brewer's and Derecktor's), and the town does have a float for transients (which I actually think might be free), but no good all-weather anchorage. Nevertheless, the proximity of the town float to the main drag makes the whole town pretty close to a dock-n-dine.

Also, if you take slip at Brewer's, then you really are docked at the restaurant, as a practical matter (though dockage won't be free, as with a true dock-n-dine like Louie's).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook