SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Buccaneer 29

4K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
After owning a sailboat for 2 years thinking it was a C&C 30, and finally trying to get it registered with the state, I have found out that it is really a Buccaneer 29. I cannot find any specs on this and would like to have them so I can get a proper PHRF rating. Anyone with info. please Email me.

#2 ·
Practical Salior did a thorough review of your boat in the Sept 2000 issue, volume 26, number 17 & 18. You can contact them for a reprint of the article at the following address: Customer Service; 75 Holly Hill Lane: Greenwich, Ct 06836; ph. 203-661-6111 or e-mail at customer_service@belvoir.com

They may have additional resources to get the information you desire.
Good Luck
Randy Murrah

#5 ·
Greetings from the Seattle area where Buccaneers (built by Bayliner of power boat fame) were built. The "29 feet" tells me that you probably do not actually have a Buccaneer but a US-29. Big difference,as Bayliner actually had built too separate lines of sailboats. The Buccaneers were lousy for buccaneering or sailing, and the US Yachts were much more performance oriented. To my knowledge the all of the sizes of US Yachts were designed by Doug Peterson, a formidable racing yacht designer, and the Buccaneers were designed in-house during the fuel scares of the early-mid seventies. The US29 would perform much more like the C&C 30 with hull and rig design similarities.

#6 ·
I believe you are correct. It looks almost exactly like a C&C 30. Its a little slow, but that could just be the sails, crew, etc. Probably a little of both. We''ve been trying to find out on an average what a PHRF rating would be for it, but I''m having a hard time. We''re scheduled to race next weekend, but our rating is still as a C&C 30. Its too late to change, so we''ll deal with that later. Any ideas? We''re a member of the Gulf Yachting Assn., and I''ve checked their PHRF ratings database, and can''t find anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.